Mike4Tech Lightbox Four is an extremely lightweight plugin, controlled with the single shortcode, that allows you to display the thumbnails comprising 4 images, that open up a lightbox to showcase 4 much larger images.
The plugin is ideal for:
Showcasing the 4 key points of your product or a service, and guiding the viewers through any 4-step process.
1. Upload the Plugin to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory, or select Plugins / Add New from the WordPress admin menu
2. Activate the plugin in your ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. That’s it!
Using Mike4Tech Lightbox Four
1. Prepare 4 thumbnail images and 4 corresponding larger images. For efficacy, the plugin relies on the image-naming convention for the entire image set:
For instance use:
scene1, scene2, scene3 & scene4 with the corresponding; scene1-big, scene2-big, scene3-big & scene4-big.
Apart from jpg, other supported formats are png and gif.
2. Upload the images using Media / Add New from your WordPress admin menu.
3. Use the shortcode with the following format:
[lbox base=”IMAGE SET BASE URL” type=”jpg” t1=”TITLE 1 HERE” t2=”TITLE 2 HERE” t3=”TITLE 3 HERE” t4=”TITLE 4 HERE”]
For example, name the first image in the set as scene1.jpg and upload it.
When you upload an image, click on it to obtain it’s full URL, which will look similar to this:
The base for your entire set of images will then be:
Can be jpg or png or gif
t1, t2, t3, t4
The title to display between the big image and the thumbnails
The plugin works perfectly with the thumbnail images that are 300×200 pixels and big images that are 1000×350 pixels. These sizes work best with the full responsive display range.
You can use different sizes for the thumbnails and the big images, but you’d need to experiment to see how everything looks like on the devices with the different viewing sizes.